Tuesday, October 25, 2011
*Fall Fruits*
I know fall has arrived when I see the leaves changing and the air smells of burning logs, but its official when I see pomegranates at the grocery store. Its my favorite fall fruit and has many healthy advantages. They are known for reducing heart problems such as cholesterol and packed with antioxidants (great skin advantages). Many people just prefer to buy the already squeezed juice but I actually enjoy cleaning my own pomegranates. The seeds look like little rubies-so pretty! I know they are fresh when I personally clean them. I just top it off with a pack of Truvia sugar when I eat them plain but I also use them in salads, martinis, and desserts.
Pomegranate martini:
1 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Cointreau-orange liqueur
3 oz pomegranate juice
Garnish with a few fresh pomegranate seeds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment