Thursday, October 20, 2011

Insalata Caprese...Classic

Absolutely LOVE this salad. It never gets old to me because its light, refreshing and just enough. Instead of slicing the tomatoes into flat circle slivers, I cut them up along with the mozzarella into small pieces. The basil was picked fresh out of my mother's herb garden but the balsamic glaze is what really makes the salad complete. My personal favorite is made by Gia Russa found at Publix or Whole Foods. The key is for the glaze to be the perfect amount of sweetness and thickness. I didn't have to pour a lot and it goes a long way. I opted to skip the olive oil, salt, and pepper this time because I wanted to keep it simple for lunch.



Try it:
2 Grape Vine Tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella
Basil leaves
Balsamic Glaze

Optional:
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment